Groupon has been constantly moving into new offices because of all the smells that keep happening in them. Here’s what every Groupon employee is forced to do to before moving:
- Unplug your computer monitor.
- Dust off the computer monitor with the shirt you are wearing.
- Gently drop your computer monitor in the trash. You’ll get a new one at the new office.
- Place your keyboard and mouse into the box you brought from home, but only after coating them in the supplied keyboard/mouse sterilizing cream.
- Close your box and wait for the sterilizing cream to take effect.
- When the sides of the box puff out, the sterilizing cream is working, turning the coating of dead skin cells and body oil you’ve left on your computer equipment into a mostly harmless, odorless gas.
- Open your box back up—only after putting on the construction mask you brought from home—and check to make sure the sterilizing cream hasn’t completely eroded your equipment.
- If your keyboard and mouse are left relatively intact, close the box and walk away. Someone will probably take care of the rest.