Remember the nights at summer camp when everyone finished their daily activities to gather around one big bonfire? Though the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man recalls them as a massacre, they’re always the most memorable nights. Whatever your memories, Camp Groupon is recreating those unforgettable evenings with blowout events each night of camp.
This year, the after dark parties kick off with a Friday movie night, right on the diamond-embossed grass of Wrigley Field. We’re waiting to release the name of the movie as part of an exciting surprise, but to keep you in the loop, here’s a list of movies that didn’t make the cut:
- Rookie of the Year—Movies with scenes from Wrigley Field can lead to the entire crowd shouting “I’ve been there!” all in unison.
- Apollo 13—Showing a movie about space in an outdoor venue causes a rift to form in the atmosphere.
- Jurassic Park—Dinosaurs on an enormous outdoor screen? That’s terrifying.
- Battlefield Earth—We couldn’t do that to you.
- Jake and the Funky Boys—It turns out this one isn’t a real movie.
If that’s not enough, everyone in attendance will join together to break the Guinness World Record for wearing sunglasses at night and accidentally running into things.
To be a part of this once in a lifetime silver screen event, head over to Camp Groupon to reserve your spot as part of this all-inclusive urban adventure. Do you already live in Chicago? We’re offering a special rate for locals!
What movie do you hope we screen?